Punk-o-matic Forum
July 22, 2017, 12:54:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New member? Welcome! View the site rules, then introduce yourself here!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: POM Records [UPDATED 09/22/2013]  (Read 40425 times)
TheGhostofRickJames
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:01:23 am »

LINK: http://pomrecords.weebly.com/index.html

ARTIST SCOUTS
Zenester, Burger & Traceofhatred

ART DEPARTMENT
scottsrepublic, Hazaman & TraceofHatred

GRAPHIC SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Album Cover: 800x800 and a 2nd cropped to 800x600
Band Image: 800x600 with the band name clearly on it.
Optional Advertising Banner: 775x100
Optional Advertising Square: 178x178

INFO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
  • What song is the single.
  • What genre is the album.
  • Summary of the album.
  • What genre is the band overall:
  • Who are the members and what instrument.
  • Location of the band:
  • Associated Acts: (pick 2 bands already on the label, you can refine it as more bands join)
  • Website: if you have anything else up, i.e. The Corner page.
  • Album download link:
  • Track List

REQUIREMENTS
You must be a Punk-o-Matic.net Member
Must be a member for at least two months
Must have a rank of 6 or up on the XP Rankings (http://tinyurl.com/cqh53sm)
You will actively participate in POM Records; not just dump your album & forget it.
Must have an average song rating score of 8.5 or higher (6 songs or more) (songs must have at least 3 rates per song)
(must have earned it through critical feedback; if you earned this by just "cool","awesome","great" comments then doesn't count)

ALBUMS
Only accepting albums from August 2012 and up

People who do something extra nice for the label get a week of promotion on the front page & a Facebook cover image to promote w/e they want (your own design).

PUNISHMENT

1. If I find you commit fraud or cheat POM Records
2. If I find you stole someones song(s)
3. If you steal someones artwork without credit

You'll be banned from all of my projects & all your info will be deleted, including your album.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:15:43 am by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
Busto
smokeless fire
Head Nerd
Alpha Level

Power Level: 105

void whorticulture

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:28:44 am »

I like these ideas. A lot. I'll help in whatever way I can.

the sun seen from the center
Burger
Global Moderator
Alpha Level

Power Level: -5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 08:41:36 am »

Eh to be honest, if it was someone other than you or maybe a few other members opening up a new record label, I would be against it, but you are actually quite diligent and intelligent so I say go for it.

And I really like the ideas, it would definitely get more people involved with their albums and such.
Megafan11
Global Moderator
Gamma Level

Power Level: 4

Rap... Never understood it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:46:29 pm »

Wasn't there a label called POM Records a long time ago?

And I really don't know about a 3rd label on POM though Undecided

[sad noodly guitar riff]
\_(ツ)_/
Administrator
Omega Level

Power Level: 1

\_(ツ)_/

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 03:23:45 pm »

I think we've tried things similar to this concept but they never really took off. But I think when it comes to POM PRO, we'd be able to do it. I can tell you would like to put roleplay aspects to something like POM and I think there's plenty of room to simulate role play.

But what about Metal Militia and CBR, though? Would they have to be re-integrated to the new POM label and have all of their content re-uploaded? The difficulty with this is the amount of albums that already exist but I think you can just simply link to the download.

If this idea really works, I'd be cool with it but if it doesn't. We'll return to the old methods of distribution. I'll have to see how it turns out.

TraceofHatred
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 05:13:09 pm »

Many people have likely said negatively to it. But I think you're probably the one person who could pull this off,
I've thought about stuff like this too, but I've decided to let it go simply because I don't have the time.

I mean there's obvious problems with both Cookies & Biscuits, and Lounge records,
as well as the other short lived, and essentially, poorly attempted other record labels.
You seem to know better than anyone here how to run a community site,
as well as being possibly the biggest contributor to POM.net that ever lived.
So I think POM records will kick the crap out of any POM record label that has been, or will be.

As far as I know, Cookies is Active still, Lounge Records is dead, and I've only heard bad things about Metal Militia.
As for the others, they're also dead as far as I know, or just never even took off.
Your (very indepth, I might add) OP is well organized and thought out, so you obviously know what you're doing.
Which is more than most of the attempted labels have taken time to do, figure out what they're doing.

Besides, I know you'll ask me for help if you go through with this, so how could I say no? haha.

I say shoot for it mate, TraceofHatred Co-signs this.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:18:29 pm by TraceofHatred » Logged
Megafan11
Global Moderator
Gamma Level

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 05:47:08 pm »

and I've only heard bad things about Metal Militia.
What exactly do you mean by "bad" things?

TraceofHatred
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 05:59:54 pm »

Exactly what i said, bad things. I've not heard anything good about Metal Militia.

and as far as I've seen, when in comparison to Cookies or Lounge, the site looks really sloppy,
the colours aren't great, the layout is simple/boring and poorly put together (especially front page),
Banners are blurry, things just scattered around, poorly looked after, etc, etc, etc, the list goes on.

the site in general just looks like a bad take of the other labels. I'm not hating, I'm being honest.
I wouldn't sign to that record label because it looks like you didn't put any time into it,
and as far as the amount of people who have (mostly your staff) It didn't really take off either.

I think those for the most part are bad things, sorry dude.
Megafan11
Global Moderator
Gamma Level

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 07:46:14 pm »

Exactly what i said, bad things. I've not heard anything good about Metal Militia.

and as far as I've seen, when in comparison to Cookies or Lounge, the site looks really sloppy,
the colours aren't great, the layout is simple/boring and poorly put together (especially front page),
Banners are blurry, things just scattered around, poorly looked after, etc, etc, etc, the list goes on.

the site in general just looks like a bad take of the other labels. I'm not hating, I'm being honest.
I wouldn't sign to that record label because it looks like you didn't put any time into it,
and as far as the amount of people who have (mostly your staff) It didn't really take off either.

How am I suppose to feel better when nothing is happening with MMR! No one's signing on, how am I suppose to do business if no one will give me business!? Cry Angry

Burger
Global Moderator
Alpha Level

Power Level: -5

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 08:00:26 pm »

How am I suppose to feel better when nothing is happening with MMR! No one's signing on, how am I suppose to do business if no one will give me business!? Cry Angry
Well, for what it's worth, I didn't know Metal Milita was still alive so I doubt many others know as well. Maybe promote your site more? Spanky used to do that with C&B, lounging in the QC and getting people to release albums with C&B.
TraceofHatred
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02:55 pm »

Of course nothing is happening! You have to make business come to you.
Business doesn't just come to you singing and dancing, you have to make it come. With force and persuasion.
Why do you think there's such a thing as marketing? ad campaigns? Jesus, kid.

Make your product worth buying, and people will buy it.
You can't expect people to just come and sign up when your site looks like a half finished, kid's site.
Right now your product isn't worth buying, so what do you do? you have 3 choices:

1. Whine about it and say it's not your fault (when it is) because no one's giving you business.
(which is what you're doing now, and will get you nowhere)

2. Give up.

3. Make your product better so that people will come and check it out.
Work on your site, make the graphics nicer, organize it. Add appeal to it, why should I bother with your site?
give me a goddamn reason to come back, give me lots of reasons. You have to work your arse off kid,
You think me and ghost had an easy time with the corner? no, it was a goddamn pain at first.
We used to have 6 goddamn bands, most of which we begged and asked friends to do it for us.
Now look at us, we're the most awesome community site Punk-o-matic.net has ever seen!
do you know why? we worked ourselves to the bone day in, and day out for months, no, a year straight!
We hold contests with rewards, host the punk-o-magazine, we do all sorts of crap for the community!
THAT is why our site is worth coming back to. We have a good product.

If you aren't going to work hard on it and make it worth signing, no one will ever sign! So i suggest you go with 3.
and if the 3 doesn't work, go with 2. Because at least you tried, but don't go with 1 ever, nobody likes a whiner.

Hopefully, I got through to you, kid.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:06:09 pm by TraceofHatred » Logged
scottsrepublic
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 01:35:31 am »

I (and my band Scott's Republic) support this 100%! The ideas are great and promising. I'd be glad to help out with anything (graphics, promos, etc.) the moment this kicks off.
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 07:48:26 am »

I'm working on the site now and I'll start posting job positions soon.
Powerstars
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:24 am »

I think Rick could work with it, but I don't think we need a third label. If we could somehow integrate these ideas into C&BR instead, it would be great.
Megafan11
Global Moderator
Gamma Level

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 09:28:51 am »

Well, for what it's worth, I didn't know Metal Militia was still alive so I doubt many others know as well. Maybe promote your site more? Spanky used to do that with C&B, lounging in the QC and getting people to release albums with C&B.
I will try Burger, thanks! Smiley

TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 09:55:51 am »

Would anyone like to offer their band & albums for a test run?

@Scott, I'll message you in a bit with some graphic ideas, if you have time
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:00:02 am by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
Powerstars
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 10:03:20 am »

Would anyone like to offer their band & albums for a test run?

@Scott, I'll message you in a bit with some graphic ideas, if you have time
I'm not sure. I kinda wanna stay at C&BR, but this seems sooo interesting!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:15:03 am by Powerstars » Logged
Megafan11
Global Moderator
Gamma Level

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 10:12:28 am »

Hey Ghost, because I have my own label to catch up to, I wouldn't sign up to be on the staff. But tell you what, if you ever need any sort of emergency help, I'm here if you need it. I didn't get into this business to have a war with the other labels here. If you need the emergency help, I'm here for ya if you need it man! Wink

TraceofHatred
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 04:09:15 pm »

you know I'm down ghost, I'll fire you a link baby cakes. Wink
Powerstars
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 05:07:34 pm »

I guess I could give you a single for the test run. I just don't think it's necessary to have another label, awesome as this one sounds. As for the edit you made, I know exactly what you mean. What's gonna go on with C&BR because of this?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:10:14 pm by Powerstars » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: