Punk-o-matic Forum
July 22, 2017, 12:55:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I come from the future. I'm looking for my father, Egbert. I've some grave news to tell him regarding the state of pop punk metal fusion music.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: POM WARPED TOUR (..waiting for Week 2)  (Read 22321 times)
marinsk8
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:39:54 pm »

the titles says everything  Tongue

I like the idea of ​​doing a tour with the POM bands
what do you think?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:04:49 pm by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:53 pm »

Well basically the member named Nocturne that started it went on hiatus. But TraceofHatred and I will be taking it over soon with Noc's permission after we finish a few more things, like the next issue for the POM Magazine. We will talk to Nocturne and see what we can do to revamp the site. We still want to make a compilation album and I will be making a tour video. A lot of the band stuff moved over to The Corner, not all though and the concepts are connected. It's part of our whole 'roleplaying' initiative.

http://pomwarpedtour.weebly.com/index.html
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:54:39 pm by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
Untitled
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 02:07:00 pm »

is it to late to join?
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:08:36 pm »

Hey, it's not too late but at the moment the whole project is inactive / on hiatus. I or others will revive this thread when it gets started again and ask people to participate. But if you want your band info up check out The Corner. http://pomcorner.weebly.com/index.html
Untitled
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:56:13 pm »

oh i joined it a while ago but when i made the bio i forgot to save it on notepad so is there for me to get the whole bio back?
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 04:21:06 pm »

No sorry, we don't have log-in access to the site so I wouldn't be able to get it back and Noc has been gone for a while now. I saw just try to re-write it and post it on The Corner.

Now that another POM Mag issue is done, maybe Trace and I will try to put together the tour again soon.
Powerstars
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 03:51:16 pm »

Tour Gets Started. Tour Doesn't Happen. No Word About What Happened, What DID Happen?
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 09:08:01 am »

It died out around April 2011. Nocturne, the creator of the POM Warped Tour later went on hiatus to take care of his personal life. Later, aspects of the POM Warped Tour merged into what is now The Corner. The Warped Tour hasn't happened yet because like it said it died out and no one took over but TraceofHatred, SpankyRevolution and I stated that we would start it again. We are currently thinking about how to implement it because there are some concerns I have about redundancy and presentation. We don't want to just copy/paste generic things together or have things that are redundant. We want to make something a bit more clearly defined and fresh.  Not to mention to do it right will take a lot of work in some aspects such as video and that would fall on me.

POM Warped Tour site: http://pomwarpedtour.weebly.com/index.html
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:39:15 am by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
Revolution.
Global Moderator
Omega Level

Power Level: 67

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »

by the way, MAYDAY Recording Studios WILL be able to do tours and concerts for your band and HAVE THEM ALL VIDEOED and put on our site: www.maydayrecordingstudios.weebly.com when somebody (hopefully Rilezor...STILL WAITING ON YOU BUD) gets the job of cameraman. These tours are FOR YOUR BAND ONLY unless you want to invite another band to come with. All of this is just to add to the role-play factor of POM.

The thread is about the POM Warped Tour, not "Plug your concert website site". Come on: you have a thread for that.

TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 11:23:03 pm »

After the 4th POM Mag comes out, the 5th, I'm thinking will be all about a POM Warped Tour (or if we name it something else). The whole magazine will be dedicated to stories from the tour and include a compilation album and tour video and w/e we can all come up with. I don't think there should be a site just for it or else it will be redundant but there will be a BLOG style page on The Corner to make everything more consistent. But definitely lets get at least one coherent official tour up soon!

Anyone can do the tour, but if I'm running I want this to be a reward to all the people who have dedicated time to their bands, so I'll put my best effort if we get bands in it that deserve the recognition.
Powerstars
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 04:27:47 pm »

After the 4th POM Mag comes out, the 5th, I'm thinking will be all about a POM Warped Tour (or if we name it something else). The whole magazine will be dedicated to stories from the tour and include a compilation album and tour video and w/e we can all come up with. I don't think there should be a site just for it or else it will be redundant but there will be a BLOG style page on The Corner to make everything more consistent. But definitely lets get at least one coherent official tour up soon!

Anyone can do the tour, but if I'm running I want this to be a reward to all the people who have dedicated time to their bands, so I'll put my best effort if we get bands in it that deserve the recognition.
Rick, WarpShatter and I work hard on The POMmunation Tour. It will get foreshadowed by this, and all will be for not. You could become a staff member for POMmunation and your job could be the blog-type deal-y on the Corner, but if you start this, since you have tons more experience and legacy then I do, everyone will head to your's instead of the one me and Warp are doing. Sorry if I sound like a douche, but I really don't want to get that thing more buried than it already is. We COULD transfer to your's with all the bands we had previously, but me, Warp, and Haza, the mods of the site, we appreciate if we could also edit the blog. We could also add other elements, I would hate for all of Warp's graphic work to go to waste, for instance. Well, lemme know what you think.

Wait, is this an April Fools joke?
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 01:29:36 am »

You're not being a douche but you're acting like the success of Pommunation falls on me and what I do. There's nothing stopping you from completing the Pommunation stuff. It's been like 3 months plus POM Mag #4 isn't even ready, let alone #5 (which usually comes out 2 months later).  So there's plenty of time. If you don't get anything substantial done by that time, that's on you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:47:07 am by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
Powerstars
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:13 pm »

You're not being a douche but you're acting like the success of Pommunation falls on me and what I do. There's nothing stopping you from completing the Pommunation stuff. It's been like 3 months plus POM Mag #4 isn't even ready, let alone #5 (which usually comes out 2 months later).  So there's plenty of time. If you don't get anything substantial done by that time, that's on you.
Well, I don't see why we need two tours at the same time with the same concept, but okay. I'm gonna have to advertize this baby everywhere. What I was trying to say was that you have more experience with these things, so I'd think people would go to your's over mine. I think that one of the things that could help this is if you do a Staff News on it (Like you said you could), and/or advertize on the Corner. Worst case scenario, my tour fails and me, Warp, and Dousty have to go to your's instead. I actually started POMmunation because the POM Warped Tour died, and I loved the idea of it. So I start up kind of a new one, but I can't convince too many people to join. Hell, we got 3 bands in 4 months (Not too bad, but we really gotta get this baby off the ground!). If you could do anything to help, I would be quite grateful. I can see how you mistook what I said earlier. I wasn't saying it fell on you, but I'm saying that, compared to you, me and Warp are just these friggin' newcomers, and you, you have an amazing reputation and backlog of work. Besides, like I said earlier, do we really need two of the same thing? I'm sorry if this is a long, ramble-y post, but I have one more thing to say. We could combine any work we have done, and essentially fuse the tours. I think competition is the last thing we need! Thanks!

-Powerstars (Long, ramble-y post maker) 
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 11:14:54 pm »

I don't really feel like taking on more projects to be honest, just wanna work on my own stuff. But the POM Warped Tour's traits are what later became The Corner, so it's something I wanna follow through with, cuz that's part of the sites history. It's a big tribute to the site and Punk-o-Matic. I don't know what you guys were planning or how you were gonna do it but your site just had a few graphics and rehashed The Corner info. The way I have it planned is so it isn't redundant, and actually functional and interesting and not just repeating stuff. So if you want to fuse up then stick with the POM Warped Tour and help add content to it.  The project is still far down the line, so unless Pommunation is getting done in the next 2/3 months (plenty of time) then stick to the POM Warped Tour.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:17:51 pm by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
Powerstars
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »

I don't really feel like taking on more projects to be honest, just wanna work on my own stuff. But the POM Warped Tour's traits are what later became The Corner, so it's something I wanna follow through with, cuz that's part of the sites history. It's a big tribute to the site and Punk-o-Matic. I don't know what you guys were planning or how you were gonna do it but your site just had a few graphics and rehashed The Corner info. The way I have it planned is so it isn't redundant, and actually functional and interesting and not just repeating stuff. So if you want to fuse up then stick with the POM Warped Tour and help add content to it.  The project is still far down the line, so unless Pommunation is getting done in the next 2/3 months (plenty of time) then stick to the POM Warped Tour.
I hate to let the work on POMmunation go down the drain, but I doubt we could get it done, as the project is really going slow. I'll ask Warp first, as he is a great friend, and mod of the site. If we do stick with the Warped Tour, I hope that we're not just like any other contributor. If it's okay with you, me and Warp could help you along with the idea, maybe be mods. I'm sorry if it's sounding a bit selfish, to just barge in and ask to be a mod, but I would hate for all our work to be lost, we could fuse the ideas of POMmunation into this. I think, rather than just being a blog, there could be a band list (List of bands in the tour) which link to their Corner pages. Whatever I can do to help, I will. When I am able to contact Warp, I'll let you know his views. I hope you understand my request for me and Warp to help you more, because I've wanted to be part of something like this, and it's kind of me wanted to prove that I'm helpful, or just take pride into doing that extra part. If I can't, I understand, and I'll still participate. Finally seeing the tour that inspired me to do POMmunation, actually get finished, I just love that. So please consider us, if we need to prove anything to you, I would give it my all. Hell, I'd give my all whether I became a mod, or had a position of authority on the site, or not! So, POMmunation may hit the dust, and, if it does, I'm with you, pal (Even though I hardly know you!).
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 04:41:02 pm »

Yeah of course you can help. No way I'm doing it all myself. But I need content creators, people that can write up stories, creatively roleplay, create magazine pages, make graphics, make POMcasts/radio or even videos. I don't need mods, admins or even website help. I just need people to submit and create things. The same way I need people to make stuff for the POM magazine or community sites. The actual website work is the easy part, the rest isn't. So just like you are contributing by having your band up on The Corner and making a page for POM Mag #4, all you have to do for Warped Tour is be just as creative.
Powerstars
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 04:55:07 pm »

Yeah of course you can help. No way I'm doing it all myself. But I need content creators, people that can write up stories, creatively roleplay, create magazine pages, make graphics, make POMcasts/radio or even videos. I don't need mods, admins or even website help. I just need people to submit and create things. The same way I need people to make stuff for the POM magazine or community sites. The actual website work is the easy part, the rest isn't. So just like you are contributing by having your band up on The Corner and making a page for POM Mag #4, all you have to do for Warped Tour is be just as creative.
Alright, I'll discontinue POMmunation when I get contact with Warp. I thought of an idea for the tour: An album showcasing the best performances from the tour. It would be like the albums with the real Warped Tour. Or we could have albums showcasing each band, like with the "bootleg" series. Or both! I could compile it after the tour ends (Mix in some crowd sounds, make it sound live.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:04:33 pm by Powerstars » Logged
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 05:03:55 pm »

That would be really great dude
Powerstars
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »

That would be really great dude
Cool. We'll get more into that when the tour actually starts going. I think the fifth POM Mag shouldn't have any in-game characters on the cover. Maybe a photo featuring members of various bands preparing for the tour.
TheGhostofRickJames
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 12:40:25 am »

22 BANDS - THREE SHOWS -  ONE VENUE

OVERVIEW

The POM Warped Tour will run along with the actual Vans Warped tour from June 16 thru August 5th. It's already July 5th as of this post, so lets set the tour as July 9th (day after band deadline) thru August 5th. The video will come out the 15th. During the TOUR bands will post on Twitter, on the Official POM Warped Tour Facebook page, on any other social media site you guys have in mind.  It can be totally dynamic and on the spot. It'll be our way of having a tour but on the internet! After that it will be "sealed" and be a part of POM History. After it's over, everything that went on will go into a Punk-o-Magazine Special Issue.

It's all on short notice but lets DO IT. If there was ever a time not to be lazy, it's now. Yea? Be a part of POM history. The short schedule means: 1 week of promotion, 3 weeks of actual tour

BAND LIST

• 1. 1st Assault
  • 2. Spanky Revolution
  • 3. Evening Sun
  • 4. Powerstars
  • 5. Dissonance
  • 6. Justify
  • 7. Hospitality of Generation
  • 8. Razor Wind
  • 9. Redemption
  • 10. Scott's Republic
  • 11. Poetic
  • 12. Heartbreak of the Century
  • 13. Giant O' Mine
  • 14. Convicted
  • 15. Sound of Rebellion
  • 16. The Divine Grace Beyond Gravity
  • 17. Lost and Forgotten
  • 18. Hello Sunrise
  • 19. Eklypse (backup band)
  • 20. TheBlack (backup band)
  • 21. The Guns (backup band)
  • 22. Special Guest

I feel bad not including some people. So backup bands might play or might not depending on what I can finish.

JOBS

Twitter Manager
Facebook Manager
Graphic Designers
Video Promo Clip Makers
Sound Engineer
Radio Broadcaster (interviews with bands) *must have a microphone
(whatever else we come up with)

Anyone can contribute! You don't even need to ask! My job is organizing and the main video production. So feel free to make what ever you want to help the tour.

When entering please fill this out in your post. Pick a song that best represents your band. Please don't change it once you submit.
Please don't pick obnoxiously long songs (5 minutes of Q's & R's)  =(. Try to pick shorter/faster/interesting/best songs, as people don't have long attention spans on Youtube.

BAND NAME:
BAND DATA:  (data of each band member - they will be in a video)
BAND SUMMARY: (one sentence, example: "we play fast, rock hard and are awesome live")
BAND PHOTO LINK:
GENRE: (base it off the song that you pick / represents you)
SONG:

(legal disclaimer: by joining the tour, you give me permission & rights to use your band in the video, promo art and put it on Youtube)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:48:02 pm by TheGhostofRickJames » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: